TWIST LACROSSE 2017/2018 PLAYER AND PARENT AGREEMENT CHECKLIST
High School Division
(Seasonal Year is October 1st, 2017– September 30th, 2018)
Congratulations on being selected to join TWIST LACROSSE for the 2017-2018 Season Year!
Your skills and hard work have earned you a spot on one of the most elite Lacrosse Clubs in the United States. Our coaches and staff hope that this will be an enjoyable year for you and your family. As part of the registration process, we want to insure that you are fully aware and understand the commitments that Twist Lacrosse makes to you, what our expectations are and what your obligations will include should you accept the position offered to you. Please review the points below acknowledging your understanding of the mutual expectations between you and Twist Lacrosse.
1.ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP / PAYMENTS
• Although it is our intent to honor the commitment to play with Twist Lacrosse for the entire seasonal year, we (player/guardian) understand that accepting the position offered and completing the registration obligates me to pay the full membership fees and any or all payment plans, regardless of whether we later decide to leave Twist Lacrosse at any time prior to the end of the seasonal year. We (player/guardian) understand that there are NO REFUNDS for any reason, including injury.
• We understand that Lacrosse is a team sport and that we are committed to attend ALL of the tournaments/camps/events with our assigned Twist team during the primary recruiting / -in season- months of June and July. We agree to make ALL payments toward fulfilling our financial obligation for mandatory events.
• We understand that the High School Tournament teams will participate in a minimum of 4 to 6 mandatory tournaments/camps per summer and that tournament fees do not include travel, lodging or meals.
(Some Team Camps do provide room & board)
We understand that Summer Tournaments & Boot Camp are purchased as a complete package and that Twist Lacrosse may have pre-paid these registration fees to the respective tournaments
• Payment to Twist Lacrosse for your team’s summer tournament PACKAGE in full is required.
• We understand that Twist does not “piece-meal” or pro-rate a package for any missed tournament(s)!
• Twist Lacrosse abides by any cancellation/refund policies set by the individual tournaments and camps.
(Refunds/Credits for cancelled Tournaments and Camps because of weather/ acts of god maybe partial or no refund)
• All summer tournament fees will be due before APRIL 31st, 2018
• We understand that some High School Twist Lacrosse teams may also be required to attend Team Camps and that individual payment for these camps will be directly with the Camp entity itself and are not included in the Tournament Package
• i.e. Champ Camp, Hot Beds, UA Shoot Out, MVP EVENTS, Baltimore Kick Off, and other teams camps etc..
• Only Fall and Winter Leagues/Tournaments /Clinics are optional
• We understand that failure to fulfill our financial obligations to Twist Lacrosse may result in the player being designated as -Not in Good Standing, which will result in the player’s participation being suspended until obligations are fulfilled.
2.TWIST TEAM PARTICIPATION POLICIES
• Twist Lacrosse will provide instruction and coaching and opportunities to participate in tournaments, camps and scrimmages/practice sessions.
• Twist Lacrosse director is in charge of evaluating and selecting all of the tournaments, camps, leagues and events for all of the Twist Lacrosse teams.
• The recruiting process is very competitive, and while Twist high school players will have opportunities to showcase for college recruiters, there is NO guarantee that any college program will recruit a player or offer any scholarship.
• An official Summer Twist Uniform (Team Pinny/Reversible and Team Shorts) will be provided and that additional team equipment and apparel may be available and will require an additional fee.
• Elite level club lacrosse is a highly competitive TEAM activity that requires commitment, dedication and loyalty from every player that is an integral part of it. Twist Lacrosse now has adopted a firm “no tolerance policy” for players who play for more than one club team. All Twist Lacrosse summer activities including: practices, scrimmages, games, tournaments and camps will supersede any other lacrosse club, team, All-Star teams or organized activity. Missing a Twist team activity to participate or be on the roster with any other lacrosse activity without prior written authorization from the director will result in the immediate loss of membership from Twist Lacrosse and forfeiture of any and all fees, including: membership, tournament, camp etc. Twist Lacrosse runs a very aggressive summer schedule and because of this we do not recommend playing for more than one club team.
• We also understand that this is a premier competitive environment; there is
NO guarantee of minimum playing time or guarantee of team assignment.
3.TWIST LACROSSE CODE OF ETHICS
• I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at all times.
• I will always remember that Lacrosse is an opportunity to learn and have fun and that I will take full advantage of the opportunities and challenges placed in front of me. I will embrace the team I am placed on and the roles I am asked to perform. I understand that every time I am on the field is an opportunity to showcase my lacrosse skills as well as my attitude and character.
• I understand that this is my lacrosse experience and I will take it upon myself to speak directly with my coach(s) about playing time, position or other Lacrosse related issues.
• I will treat my coaches, other players and coaches, game officials, other administrators, and fans with respect at all times; regardless of race, sex, creed or abilities and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
• I will at all times control my temper, resisting the temptation to retaliate.
• My conduct during competition towards play of the game and all officials shall be in accordance with appropriate behavior, and in accordance with the local tournament and/or NCAA Rules of conduct.
• While traveling, I will conduct myself so as to be a credit to myself, and my team.
• A player will not be cut from a team after he is registered to that team, unless he exhibits conduct requiring, dismissal. Alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco products and unauthorized prescription drugs shall not be possessed, consumed or distributed before, during or after any game or at any time at any field, dorm and/or game complex. Any violation will result in immediate dismissal from the event and the Twist Lacrosse program, with no refunds. The player’s parents/guardian will be solely responsible for immediate transportation home from that event.
• I understand that Twist Lacrosse is run more like a college program than a high school program. I will support the coach’s decisions on the playing field. I understand that it is my son’s, and not my, responsibility to speak directly to the coach(s) regarding playing time, position, or other Lacrosse related issues.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, game officials, and administrators at all times.
• I will support the officials, tournament staff and administrators working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will remember that the game is for the players, not for the adults.
• I will try to remember that winning games is not always important to the recruiting effort. Attitude, hustle, and a few great playing sequences against a superior opponent often result in catching a college recruiter’s eye.
• I will ask my son to treat other players, coaches, game officials, administrators, and fans with respect.
• I will try to always be positive.
• I will always allow the coach to be the only coach, by refraining from coaching from the sidelines.
• I will not enter into arguments with other team’s parents, players, or coaches.
• I will not enter the field of play for any reason during the game.
• I will not criticize game officials.
Failure to comply may result in the suspension of your privilege to participate in future events. We have reviewed and read the Twist Lacrosse Rules and Code of Ethics as printed above, and agree to abide by the requirements. We will act in a manner of respect at all practices, games, travel, etc., and serve as role models to others and to maintain the integrity of ourselves, and our team, or we will be subject to dismissal from Twist Lacrosse. I have also reviewed all the information on the www.twistlacrosse.com website.
I grant Twist Lacrosse, Inc permission to use the participating player’s name, image, voice, and identity in any program for promotion of Twist Lacrosse or other Twist Lacrosse events including written materials, website materials, video, audio, or other forms, without prior consent of compensation.
In addition to any other consent:
I, the parent/guardian of the registrant, agree by the rules of Twist Lacrosse. My/our child wishes to participate in Lacrosse during the year of this registration. I/we realize risks are involved in my/our child’s participation. I/we understand that the risk to my/our child includes full range of injuries from minor to severe, and the result could be death, paralysis, or other serious, permanent disability.
6.MEDICAL INSURANCE & US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
my/our child is a current and active member of US Lacrosse for insurance purposes. I/we understand that we must also provide our own health and medical insurance. I/we accept these risks and conditions in order for my child to participate.
ALL APPLICATION, TRYOUT, MEMBERSHIP, LEAGUE, TOURNAMENT, CAMP AND ALL OTHER FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS, INCLUDING INJURY
Injury is an unfortunate part of competitive Club Lacrosse.
We understand that we will receive no refunds for any reason, including injury.
Partial future credit for any tournaments completely missed must be documented with a season ending injury. All requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis directly with the Director after the summer season is completed.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Twist Lacrosse Team Administration